HEY MOMZ, Let’s talk about writing in a journal and tuning into your feelings daily. Writing in a journal daily and tuning into your feelings allows you to honestly empty your thoughts. Because Moms and Mompreneurs tend to have tons of thoughts daily, journaling and tuning into their feelings is a win win.
Statistics indicate that “Writing accesses the left hemisphere of the brain, which is analytical and rational,” Maud Purcell, a psychotherapist and journaling expert, told Fast Company. “While your left brain is occupied, your right brain is free to do what it does best, i.e. create, intuit, and feel. In this way, writing removes mental blocks and allows us to use more of our brainpower to better understand ourselves and the world around us.”
The truth is that when I talk to Momz, almost 100% of them tell me that they are not writing in their journal and are not tuning into their feelings every day because either A. They can’t find the time, B. They can’t find the drive , or C. They can’t find the motivation.
Here are 3 things you can do to start writing in your journal daily and tuning into your feelings daily:
1. Schedule it. Get up a few minutes early before your babies get out of bed and journal for 2-3 minutes. Journaling helps improve your mood and provides an opportunity for positive self-talk. If you are looking for a paper planner or a digital planner.
2. Practice, Practice, Practice being in your feelings when you are feeling! You can’t control what you are feeling but you can face them head-on. Stay in the moment about what you are feeling and being able to speak to your feelings is a release and it will make them easier to deal with. Try listening to some music to sooth you. Check out this echo dot that I use in my home to self-soothe to pratice being in my feelings. I love listening to Tori Kelly!
3. Don’t be afraid to put the phone/ social media down and not allow the agendas of social media to reactively guide your agendas. This allows time for your brain to engage in a mode of intellectual and creative flow. You can do some yoga, in-house gardening, or read your favorite book.
Journaling and tuning into your feelings daily will also allow you to take a more in depth look at yourself and the people around you: it will give you clarity on your home, your business, and your family.
Let the right people help you!!!!
Here are some additional tips to give you more clarity on journaling and tuning into your feelings:
– Trust God and he will direct your path (Jeremiah 29:11 …..”For God knows the plans”….)
– Journal about your feelings while you allow others to help you (grab your copy of your journal…. I have one similiar)
– Don’t be afraid to look within yourself as this allows for Self-Revelation
– Don’t be afraid to say, “You know what, I do need help with that” (Take off the SuperWoman Cape)- We all need some help in some form or fashion
Journaling and tuning into your feelings has so many benefits. Being able to journal and tuning into your feelings allows you to decompress and vent without judgement and this creates space for a new perspective. If you require additional assistance, I can show you how to create a personalized roadmap, change your mindset, and how to tap into your sheropowers.
Remember, you have to take care of yourself in order to serve others.
Signed a Faithchick,
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…